60 seconds with nursing lecturer Katie Baxter
Katie Baxter is a lecturer in adult nursing at Robert Gordon University (RGU) in Aberdeen and the US student nurse exchange coordinator for the university’s school of nursing and midwifery. After graduating from RGU in 2013, she worked in interventional radiology theatres and in a nursing home. Before taking up her current post in 2016, she worked as a community nurse for two years.
What are your main work responsibilities?
I am coordinator of the undergraduate stage 2 skills module and I am responsible for the development and delivery of several undergraduate modules. I also develop and deliver post-graduate continuing professional development (CPD) modules in wound care and interventional radiology and provide resuscitation training to nursing students and those studying social sciences.
How did you get your job?
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests