60 seconds with nurse consultant Sue Morgan
Seek support from colleagues and learn from your patients, says nurse consultant Sue Morgan, who specialises in caring for young people with cancer
Sue Morgan MBE trained at the University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff as a general nurse and then as a sick children’s nurse. She was a ward sister before becoming a Macmillan clinical nurse specialist for teenagers and young adults with cancer. She is currently Teenage Cancer Trust (TCT) nurse consultant and lead nurse for the teenage and young adult cancer service at Leeds General Infirmary and St James’s University Hospital, Leeds. She has two daughters and two grandsons.
What are your main work responsibilities?
I lead the work of the teenage cancer team, support the work undertaken in the treatment centres, and mentor teenage and young adult cancer speciality nurses in the UK.
Who are your...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests