60 seconds with moving and handling specialist Diane Hindson
Have confidence and don't let fear of failing stop you, says specialist nurse Diane Hindson
Diane Hindson has been the moving and handling officer/back care adviser at County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust since 2001. In 2016, she was highly commended in the Innovations in your Specialty category of the RCNi Nurse Awards for inventing Versal, a slide sheet that enables patients to be easily and safely moved or repositioned while maintaining their dignity. Her previous roles have included being an ophthalmic nurse and school nurse, and she is also a midwife. She is married with one daughter.
What are your main work responsibilities?
Moving and handling is my specialty. Responsibilities include risk assessment, assisting with policy development, troubleshooting and face-to-face moving and handling training for colleagues.
Who are your...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests