60 seconds with Macmillan director of nursing Barry Quinn
Dr Barry Quinn, who has worked for more than 30 years in cancer and palliative care, talks about his career and the lessons he has learned
Dr Barry Quinn started his career in healthcare in 1985, volunteering in a hospice as a healthcare assistant. He was ordained as a priest and worked as chaplain to a hospice for several years. After leaving the priesthood he entered nursing in 1991. He has worked in cancer and palliative care for more than 30 years in hospice and hospital settings, and his previous roles include lead nurse for cancer and palliative care, consultant nurse and assistant director of nursing. He took up his current role as Macmillan director of nursing and cancer and palliative care at Bart’s Health NHS Trust in London in April, a post he holds alongside...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests