60 seconds with lead nurse for specialist mental health services Angela Shorter
Working in mental health gives you a huge amount of satisfaction, and the right opportunity always comes along, says lead nurse for specialist services Angela Shorter
Angela Shorter has worked at Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust, and its predecessor organisations, since qualifying as a mental health nurse in 1996. Her first role was as a staff nurse on an acute admissions ward, and she has also held ward manager, matron and service manager posts within the trust's acute mental health services. She has also worked in community mental health services, court liaison and addiction services. In 2018, she will take up a post as matron for the trust’s new mother and baby inpatient unit, alongside her role as lead nurse for specialist services.
What are your main work responsibilities? Supporting the recruitment, development and subsequent opening of...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests