60 seconds with group director of nursing Tammy Davies
‘Enjoy every moment and embrace new opportunities. Everything is a learning experience,’ says group director of nursing Tammy Davies
Tammy Davies is group director of nursing for primary care community and therapies at Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust. After qualifying as a nurse in 2001 she worked in critical care and then coronary care, including a post as a palliative care heart failure nurse specialist. In 2015 she was appointed lead nurse in palliative and end of life care at Birmingham’s City Hospital, now part of the trust, and in May 2017 took up her current role, which became permanent in December. She lives with her partner and they are expecting their first child in June.
What are your main work responsibilities?...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests