60 seconds with Dementia UK head of research Karen Harrison Dening
Actively seek a mentor to support your career development, don't wait to be asked, says Dementia UK head of research Karen Harrison Dening
Karen Harrison Dening has more than 40 years' nursing experience, more than 30 of which are in dementia care. She has worked with charity Dementia UK for the last ten years, initially as a consultant Admiral Nurse specialist and more recently as head of research and evaluation. She gained a PhD at University College London, focusing on advance care planning and end of life care in dementia, and holds honourary academic positions at the Universities of Liverpool and Nottingham, where she lectures and is involved in research.
What are your main work responsibilities? I lead on all issues related to Admiral Nursing and research, including collaborating with academic institutions...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests