60 seconds with dementia nurse specialist Gary Mitchell
Patients are the experts, nurses are the specialists – the trick is bringing the two together, says dementia nurse specialist Gary Mitchell
Gary Mitchell trained at Queen’s University Belfast, qualifying as a registered adult nurse in February 2010, aged 24. After working in theatres and recovery, in a GP practice and as a dementia care adviser, he took up his current post as national research coordinator and nurse specialist with Four Seasons Health Care last spring. He is married to Claire and they have a young son called Zach.
What are your main work responsibilities? Research, education and the practice development of about 3,000 nurses who work across 300 care homes in the UK....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests