60 seconds with ambassador for cultural change Helene Donnelly
Trust yourself and be true to your values, says ambassador for cultural change Helene Donnelly
Helene Donnelly qualified in 2002 and became a nurse practitioner in the emergency department at Stafford Hospital in 2005. After becoming increasingly concerned about poor patient care, she raised more than 100 complaints and was a key witness at the inquiry into failings at Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust. She took up her current role as ambassador for cultural change (freedom to speak up guardian) at Stoke-On-Trent Partnership NHS Trust in 2013, and was awarded an OBE for services to the NHS the same year.
What are your main work responsibilities? Acting as an advocate for staff, raising concerns and promoting positive cultural change in the NHS.
How did you get your job? Following my...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests