Yes, it’s a big ask for nurses, but voluntary work makes personal and career sense
Giving up your free time may be a selfless act, but it’s good for your CV too
Feel you’ve got a touch of the January blues? If so, it’s hardly surprising. The purses and waistlines of many nurses are likely to be feeling the strain after an over indulgent festive season. Yet, unlike many office workers, you probably haven't had an extended break.
There is no such thing as ‘winding down’ on a ward full to bursting, with any partying squeezed into precious days off, so it is understandable that energy reserves and motivation will be at a low ebb.
It can be easy to feel stuck in a rut, personally or career-wise, but with a small amount of effort you can start moving out of it....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests