From Wimbledon to welly burn – variety and fun as a nurse volunteer at St John Ambulance
Nurses who volunteer with St John Ambulance provide care in a range of unique settings from sports events to flower shows
Volunteering for St John Ambulance gives nurses a chance to care for patients in a range of unique settings, including major sporting fixtures, music festivals and even local flower shows.
‘They have the opportunity to experience life outside their workplace, using their skills in a very different scenario,’ says Ginny Storey, the charity’s chief nurse adviser, which is also a volunteer role.
St John Ambulance has more than 500 nurse volunteers in England alone, from a variety of different specialties. ‘It’s not necessary to have a background in emergency care,’ says Ms Storey.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests