Why nursing older people in an acute setting is a great way to develop your career
A senior nurse explains her hospital trust’s opportunities for band 5 staff
The number of hospital inpatients in England aged over 65 increased by almost half in the ten years to 2015-16 – from four million to just under six million, according to the Health Foundation.
And with data from the Office for National Statistics showing that the over-65s population is predicted to grow by 21% by 2027, it is easy to see why care for older people is a growing area in nursing.
To meet current and future demand, the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust is undertaking a recruitment drive to find enthusiastic band 5 nurses to come and work with us.
Clinical skills and communication
Working with older people provides nurses with broad experience, so is a great starting point for your nursing career. Nurses...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests