Virtual interview tips for nurses: how to present yourself and how to prepare
Social distancing has made online interviews far more common — here’s how to excel on screen
During the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, significant changes had to be made to nurse recruitment processes at many organisations.
At Royal Papworth Hospital in Cambridge, when we could no longer meet candidates face-to-face we began carrying out interviews remotely using virtual platforms such as Skype.
New options for interviewing using technology
This type of technology was new to the recruitment team, but we quickly got to grips with it.
Over the past few months, we have carried out more than 100 interviews in this way.
With an increasing number of job interviews being conducted on screen and remotely at...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests