Values-based nurse recruitment: what you need to know to shine at your job interview
Tips for showing you’re the right fit for an organisation – and it’s the right place for you
Values-based recruitment helps employers recruit staff whose values fit with the those of the organisation.
This approach to recruitment in healthcare gained currency following the 2013 publication of the Francis Report – the public inquiry into poor care at Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust chaired by Robert Francis QC.
In the report on the inquiry, Sir Robert said: ‘Much of what needs to be done does not require additional financial resources but change in attitudes, culture, values and behaviours.’
The practice of recruiting for values is well established
I have worked in the NHS for almost 25 years and have interviewed well over 1,000 staff. I have also had interviews...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests