Toolkit will help nursing students tackle climate change
The NurSus toolkit provides an opportunity to integrate sustainability within nursing curricula and help students and qualified nurses to play a part in addressing the challenge of climate change
Climate change and sustainability could be embedded in nursing degree curricula thanks to a pioneering scheme involving universities across Europe.
Academics from the University of Plymouth have worked with colleagues from universities in Germany, Spain and the Netherlands to produce a toolkit covering sustainability and its implications for healthcare.
The NurSus toolkit, which includes lectures, activities and other resources, can be used by nursing schools within their own curriculum or accessed online by students and qualified nurses. Future plans include reworking some of the material for use in continuing professional development.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests