Showing appreciation to agency nurses brings rewards for all staff
Feedback from an agency nurse caused Sarah Priday to reflect on the importance of good communication
While working as an agency nurse I found that employers are quick to contact you regarding mistakes but slow to pass on compliments. Managers at the hospitals where I work regularly have told me that they have given positive feedback to the agency, but I rarely hear about this kind of praise.
I love getting positive feedback. It makes working feel so much more worthwhile and encourages me to be kind to others.
When I was on the staff at a hospital I received the following feedback from an agency nurse I worked with: ‘When I was posted to the hospital for the first time for a night shift, Sarah Priday was among the permanent staff I worked with.
‘Once Sarah found out that...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests