Reflective writing workshop proves a hit
Reflection is a key part of revalidation, but reflective writing is not always easy for nurses. Amanda Haugh and Emma Silvey from Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust explain how their workshops are helping nurses become competent and confident in reflective writing
Writing reflective accounts is an integral part of the revalidation process of the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), but reflective writing can cause anxiety for some nurses, especially those who have been out of formal education for a while.
To support nursing staff through this aspect of revalidation we developed a joint reflective writing workshop, holding the first session in January 2017. Collaborating in this way enabled us to combine our expertise and share the workload of planning and delivering the programme.
The one-hour workshops are held twice a month, and consist of an introductory presentation followed by a...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests