Reconnecting with why you became a nurse
When conditions are tough it’s easy to feel disconnected from the values that led you into nursing. Fortunately, it is possible to find a way back to the things you love about being a nurse
Most likely it was your caring instinct and a desire to give your best that drew you into the nursing profession. It’s natural that how you feel about your role will change over time.
Yet if you are constantly weighed down by the responsibilities and sheer volume of demands put on you it can be easy to feel distanced from the beliefs and values that laid the foundations for who you are as a nurse.
Unlike professions such as banking or social work, when you tell someone you are a nurse you usually gain their immediate respect. Most people view nursing as ‘good’.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests