The power of saying no: how to avoid taking on too much
It can be hard to say what you really want and potentially disappoint others, but continually saying yes can endanger your well-being
How many times have you heard yourself saying ‘yes’ when inside you are screaming ‘no’?
Whether it is agreeing to extra shifts, staying late at work or giving extra pocket money to your kids, the affect is the same – you end up doing things you really don’t want to do.
Avoiding the vicious cycle of saying yes to everything
As a one-off, this can feel okay; everyone has to compromise, after all.
But it is easy to get caught up in a vicious cycle of wanting to say no yet giving the
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests