Nursing jobs and careers: free entry to live recruitment event
For nurses in search of promotion, fresh opportunities or ways to achieve work-life balance, our fairs are a great place to start, and admission is free
Have you ever considered working as a nurse on a cruise ship?
This may never have crossed your mind before COVID-19, but nurses have seen their working lives turned upside down by the pandemic, prompting many to radically overhaul their career plans.
Perhaps you are looking to move into research or education, or to change specialties, or you’d like a role with more flexibility for the sake of work-life balance?
Whether you are an experienced nurse looking for a new challenge or just starting out in your nursing career, RCNi Nursing Careers and Jobs Fairs are here to help.
Why attend RCNi Nursing Careers and Jobs Fair?
- CPD-accredited seminars Attend our CPD-accredited seminars and get expert advice on issues such as how to revamp your CV, polish your next job application and improve your interview skills
- Your questions answered Join our panel discussion to learn from senior nurse leaders how to get the most out of your nursing career and maintain your health and well-being. This is an interactive event with audience participation, so do come with your questions ready
- You could leave the fair with a new job Employers will be conducting interviews at the event, so don’t forget to bring copies of your CV and dress ready for interview
- Revalidation support All our seminars are CPD-accredited and count towards your revalidation requirements
- Networking opportunities Whether you know what direction you want your career to take or aren’t quite sure, nursing staff from many organisations will be on hand to talk you through your options
Programme of nurse recruitment events throughout 2022
The company is looking for nurses with intensive care or emergency department experience to join its medical team as nursing officers or senior nursing officers to work in its ships’ fully equipped medical centres.
Facilities include x-ray, cardiac monitoring and ventilation, with laboratories onboard for processing blood tests. Nursing staff care for patients with a variety of health problems and attend to medical emergencies, from falls and fractures to stroke and cardiac arrest.
The role offers opportunities to see the world, so if you love travelling and have a sense of adventure, this might just be for you.
Save the date: also coming up in 2022
- Glasgow Live 22 February
- Birmingham Live 9 March
- London West Live 29 April
- Bristol Live 20 May
- London North Live 8-9 September
- Leicester 9 November
Acute, mental health and charity sector employers
If you are looking for a role with plenty of flexibility, health and social care charity Alternative Futures Group is recruiting registered mental health nurses and support workers. Or if a career in training and education is what you are looking for, Health Education England representatives will be on hand to talk you through your options.
Staff from trusts in Manchester and Lancashire and South Cumbria will be at the event, and if your pandemic experiences have prompted you to consider working further afield, London’s King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust will also be recruiting.
CPD and our seminars
Our CPD-accredited seminar programme is back for 2022, with expert advice from RCN careers coaches on how to make your CV and supporting statement the best they can be, and how to succeed at interview.
We will be joined by award-winning Admiral Nurse Kerry Lyons, who will be presenting a seminar on how her dementia support service has empowered carers and seen significant reductions in inpatient stays across the Bolton area.
Health visitor Emma Carey from Northern Care Alliance, winner of the Community and General Practice category at the 2021 RCN Nursing Awards, will be talking about her work supporting isolated families during the pandemic.
Don’t miss the panel discussion on nurses’ health, well-being and work-life
I will be hosting a panel discussion from 12.45pm-13.30pm, where I’ll be joined by RCN north west regional director Estephanie Dunn. Given everything nurses have been through over the past two years, the talk will focus on maintaining your health and well-being and what employers can and should be doing to support you to achieve work-life balance.
- RELATED: Are unhealthy eating habits fostered by fatigue and long hours putting nurses’ health at risk?
Whether you are looking to embark on a new career pathway or want expert advice on how to get the most out of your current role, RCNi Nursing Careers and Jobs Fairs are the perfect place to start.
We are ready to welcome you to our first live event of 2022, so please do join us if you can.
COVID-19 and your safety