Job interviews: how to make it go your way on the day
You’ve researched the role and the organisation, now all you have to do is secure the job. Stay calm, keep focused, and don’t be afraid to shout about your achievements, says Mandy Day-Calder
Finally, your big day has come. As you wake up on ‘interview day’ you will likely feel a mixture of nervous anticipation and excitement. A new job can open doors to the next chapter in your life, so this is only natural, but first you must be offered the post.
You cannot change the decisions made by the interview panel, but there is a lot you can do to ensure you give yourself the best possible chance.
Interviews are stressful, and we all have different ways of managing this stress, but this...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests