It could be lonely this Christmas
Loneliness is now a public health issue. What can you do to help patients and colleagues who might be experiencing it?
Most of the big retailers have released their much-anticipated Christmas TV adverts. Although we occasionally see a brave attempt at a social message, these adverts are largely a bit of fun, aimed at getting us into the festive spirit as we start the countdown to the big day itself.
And often they succeed – it is the season to be jolly after all, isn’t it?
Festive for some, challenging for others
Christmas can be a wonderful time, but as we all know, illness, death and tragedy pay no heed to the date and can strike at any time.
Spending Christmas in hospital is not on anyone’s wish list and can be challenging for even the most stoic...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests