Island life: make the move to Guernsey
The English Channel island is looking to recruit nurses from the UK, and applicants with strong leadership skills are particularly welcome
The island of Guernsey in the English Channel has plenty to offer: beautiful countryside, miles of beaches and mild winters. But, like the UK, it finds recruiting nurses a challenge.
Adult community services service manager Fiona Robertson says the island can offer fantastic opportunities for nurses, particularly those wishing to work with older people with mental health problems and complex conditions such as dementia.
Ms Robertson says the state-funded health system offers excellent facilities for patients and staff.
‘We don’t have any junior doctors on the island, so the nurses have to be far more vociferous advocating for their service users, and manage their complex care more autonomously,’ she says....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests