Imposter syndrome: how nurses can learn to silence their inner critic
There are steps you can take to control the triggers of self-doubt
It’s that time of year again where the pressure is on to ‘have your best year yet!’
Apparently, all you need to do is set your goals, create your plan and BOOM… you’re away. But sometimes things just aren’t that simple, and although we start off with the best of intentions and much ambition, it is easy to let things slide a few months down the line.
When life gets in the way of our goals
So what is stopping you, me and so many others from sticking to our carefully drawn out plans?
Life can throw us curve balls and some situations are beyond our control – those yoga classes you eagerly signed up for in January, for example, become impossible when you can’t fit...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests