If you’re stressed at work, comparing yourself to others will only feed the anxiety
Practical tips for nurses on how to stop negative thoughts in their tracks
The much-anticipated NHS staff survey results for England were published at the end of February. The survey, which was conducted between September and December 2018, is one of the largest workforce surveys in the world, with the findings giving a sense of the experience of NHS staff.
As with all research studies, the data can be interpreted in many ways, but not even the cleverest of politicians could put a positive spin on the figures for health and well-being.
The stress of working in the NHS
With almost 40% of staff saying they felt unwell as a result of work-related stress in the past 12 months, there’s no doubt that stress is a major problem in the NHS. As well as affecting individual staff members, it...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests