How to turn your CV into a personal marketing tool
A good CV is the essential first step to getting your ideal job. RCN careers adviser Julie Watkins offers some tips on how to make yours work for you
A good CV is a way to showcase your skills, experience and knowledge to a potential employer.
Although many job applications will involve completing an application form, it is useful to create a CV that you can add to your portfolio.
Fine-tuning your CV – your introduction to prospective employers
You can present this to prospective employers at events such as job fairs, and send it speculatively to employers who you are interested in working for.
Starting a CV may seem overwhelming if you have never needed one before, but a good...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests