How to settle into a new post successfully
Starting a new job can be daunting, with the early days especially bringing new experiences and challenges. Health coach Mandy Day-Calder offers advice on how to make the transition go smoothly
Starting a new job often means saying goodbye to day-to-day familiarity. Facing change head-on can be exciting but it can also be stressful, and everyone copes differently. Regardless of where you are in your nursing career, the early days in a new post are often challenging as you learn to adapt to an unfamiliar environment, colleagues and responsibilities.
It is easy to retreat into unhelpful patterns of thinking and behaviour when under stress, such as beating yourself up about your perceived lack of ability or being overly friendly in an...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests