How to avoid the mind fog of the nurse’s endless to-do list
Tips for coping when you are feeling overwhelmed
In April, the Care Quality Commission (CQC) ruled that a nurse in charge of an emergency department had ‘too many physical tasks’. CQC inspectors said the volume of tasks distracted the nurse from being able to perform their role, which was to manage patient flow.
It will come as no surprise that nurses have too much to do. But after hearing this ruling, what struck me most was the sheer enormity of things nurses are expected to keep track of while also making decisions and prioritising and managing workload effectively.
This ‘knot of thoughts’ will be common to...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests