How nurses can help colleagues during real-life dramas
Providing the right support for a fellow nurse who is struggling can be a difficult balance, but just listening is a good start
After years of working in healthcare, I’m slightly embarrassed to admit that my guilty pleasure hasn’t changed – I still love a good medical drama.
Despite knowing that facts and procedures are often on the edge of what is considered ‘artistic licence’, rarely a week goes by without me tuning in.
One aspect I particularly enjoy is that when a colleague has a problem, the whole team immediately rallies round. Regardless of the mayhem going on in these fictitious hospitals, all the nurses and doctors seem like one big family.
But we all know that real life is not that simple.
No matter how long the shift, there never seems to be...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests