Ensuring the voice of nursing students is heard
Members of the RCN Students’ Committee help strengthen the profession by influencing policy and practice, and ensure the voice of nursing students is heard
It seems like only yesterday that I stood in RCN headquarters for the first time, a nervous but enthusiastic second-year student.
Now here I am, a qualified nurse, with two years as an RCN Students’ Committee member under my belt. And what a two years it has been – from the bursary or bust campaigns to the introduction of the student information officer (SIO) award, we have packed so much in. Now we are embarking on the fight for fair pay together.
The RCN students’ committee is made up of students from all branches across the UK. We work hard to ensure the student voice is heard in RCN policy development and strategy consultation, and...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests