Breakfast with the chief nurse: breaking the ice with new and existing staff
How drop-in sessions offer a chance to hear concerns and resolve issues
Being served breakfast by the chief nurse may be unusual, but for nursing staff at one London trust it is helping to break the ice.
‘For me, it feels very comfortable,’ says Flo Panel-Coates, chief nurse at University College London Hospitals (UCLH) NHS Foundation Trust for the past four years. ‘Staff serve our patients and each other every day, and this is a very small gesture I can make.’
A chance to hear what’s going on
For the past nine months or so, nursing staff have been invited to have breakfast with Ms Panel-Coates, with the events held at least once a month. ‘It’s an opportunity for me to meet and listen to our staff,’ she...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests