Be your own nurse: listen to what your body’s telling you and forget about guilt
Sometimes you’ve got to advocate for your own needs, for the sake of your health
Despite losing a much-needed hour's sleep, I was glad when the clocks went forward. Not only can we look forward to long light evenings, it means winter is over, symbolically at least.
The ‘dark season’ has really taken its toll on me this year and I’ve struggled greatly with my health these past few months. Given the wisdom of hindsight, I should have listened to my body way back in December and added some rest into my cocktail of prescribed medications.
But no, struggle on valiantly is what I did. Isn’t that what hard workers do? This strategy worked until my body nearly gave way on me and I was forced to stop.
Guilt about taking time off
Despite all the clinical evidence...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests