Is a return-to-practice course right for you?
How a 16-week programme prepares nurses for the challenges of returning after a career break or change, or early retirement
For those who have been out of nursing for a while, returning to practice can feel daunting.
University programmes for qualified nurses who want to return to the profession can help restore skills and confidence.
‘For most students, the biggest challenge is anxiety before they start the course,’ says senior lecturer Ros Wray, who leads the return to professional practice course at the University of Northampton.
Life experiences can enhance your nursing skills
‘If you haven’t nursed for years, the prospect of going back into practice and...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests