9 tips for returning to work
How to build your confidence and competence in your role after an absence
Summer 2018 truly excelled itself, but all good things must come to an end. Tans are fading, children are going back to school and the nights are drawing in.
Those who managed to take a break during the past few weeks will know it often takes a couple of shifts to settle back in. But being away from nursing for longer can make it much harder to slot back into things.
Rollercoaster of emotions
Nothing stays still for long in healthcare and all the changes – clinical, administrative and within the nursing team – can leave you feeling like a fish out of water. Whether the break was your choice, such as maternity leave, or enforced due to sickness or other personal reasons, stepping back into...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests