60 Seconds with Steve Jamieson
Steve Jamieson qualified as a nurse in 1986. He worked for the RCN for 17 years and was deputy director of nursing – responsible for managing a team of professional leads across all areas of nursing – before moving to his current role, chief executive of The Hospice of St Francis Berkhamsted.
What are your main work responsibilities?
Managing a staff of 350 and over 1,200 volunteers, promoting excellence in end of life care, and ensuring we raise the £10 million each year needed to keep us going. We only receive 20% of our funding from the NHS.How did you get your job?
I had wanted to be a CEO of a hospice for many years and had three interviews before being offered the post. I am passionate about end of life care and making sure that people get access to the right care at...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Standard
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests