What is a nurse paramedic and could the role suit you?
A new master’s-level nurse paramedic course integrates the two professions, allowing graduates to forge a new type of role that implements both skill sets
The first students to enrol on an innovative nurse paramedic programme are now halfway through their four-year course.
Those completing the integrated master’s degree at Edge Hill University in Lancashire will be eligible to register as an adult nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council and as a paramedic with the Health and Care Professions Council. However, the aim of the programme is to develop integrated practitioners who bring the skills and knowledge from both professions together in new and dynamic roles, potentially closing existing gaps in
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests