Book review: Dementia, Sex and Wellbeing
Dementia, Sex and Wellbeing: A Person-Centred Guide for People with Dementia, Their Partners, Caregivers and Professionals
£16.99 | 168pp
This concise book is divided into five main chapters that address the importance of sexuality and well-being in older people living with dementia. Throughout, the author calls for readers to reflect on their own assumptions and perceptions about sexuality in older people.
Many short, real-life examples about how dementia can affect sexual well-being and overall quality of life are included. These meaningful experiences are useful for anyone who has dementia, or is connected to someone living with dementia. The book provides readers with an understanding about why people living with dementia might express themselves in a sexual way that others might find ‘inappropriate’ and/or ‘challenging’. It offers a strong background that needs...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests