Book review: Confused, Angry, Anxious? Why working with older people in care can be really difficult & what to do about it
Confused, Angry, Anxious? Why working with older people in care can be really difficult & what to do about it
Bo Hejlskov Elvén, Charlotte Agger and Iben Ljungmann
Jessica Kingsley Publishers
£12.99 | 192pp
Although uninteresting at first glance, this book certainly breathes new life into our understanding of how and why caring for older people can be frustrating and how behaviour that challenges can be prevented and managed. This book delivers a fascinating and uplifting read for staff of all levels, particularly those without mental health experience.
Informal carers of those with dementia could also benefit from reading this book. The content is organised in three parts; the first covers the principles underpinning behaviour followed by interesting and relevant case and action plans.
The final part includes a useful section on study materials...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests