Book review: Advance Care Planning in End of Life Care
Advance Care Planning in End of Life Care Keri Thomas, Ben Lobo, Karen Detering (Eds) Oxford University Press Second edition £32.99 | 336pp ISBN: 9780198802136
Advance care planning (ACP) is of core interest to those of us who work with older people and this definitive publication provides a valuable addition to resources on the subject.
The book provides a comprehensive overview and update on ACP, covering issues that have direct relevance to the older population. It is edited by experts in ACP, with credible chapter authors who between them have contributed a vast range of invaluable knowledge and experience.
The layout is clear with well-organised chapters that start with a summary, main points and messages. Each chapter progresses through its topic with plenty of practical applications using tools, case studies and examples.
Topics covered include legal and policy issues, such as discussions and decisions...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests