The Bell Lap: Stories for Compassionate Nursing Care
Key issues around ageing and care of older people are discussed in this book. It offers an impressive selection of short stories that give an insight into the lives of those who can be affected by a feeling of vulnerability when what was once ‘normal’ for them has gradually or suddenly changed.
The author, Muriel Murch, provides us with a window into their lives, showing us how, even as strangers, it is possible to recognise vulnerability in others, a feeling which is perhaps influenced by recognising our own vulnerability.
The need to respond in these situations is shown by the ‘small acts’ that are so often described by patients in nursing literature as a key feature of compassionate nursing care.
Each story offers an insight into an aspect of the person’s life, leaving the reader with a feeling that they know and care about them.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests