Why music can be a valuable tool for improving the lives of people with dementia
Two-part TV series fronted by Line of Duty star helps to address the challenges of living with the condition
BBC One’s Our Dementia Choir follows Line of Duty actor Vicky McClure as she takes a personal journey to discover the true extent of music’s power in helping to address the challenges of living with dementia.
With specialists from the fields of music therapy and neuropsychology, she forms a special choir of people with dementia, who will rehearse together for one unforgettable performance.
In Our Dementia Choir, we are introduced to 31-year-old Daniel, the youngest choir member, who has been diagnosed with a rare form of dementia that appears to have a genetic link. As a former drummer, Daniel has a strong association to music, but the condition has affected his musical skills....
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests