NHS CHC does not reflect the cultural needs of all people with dementia
We need to ensure people from BME backgrounds have equitable access to NHS Continuing Healthcare
The revised National Framework for NHS Continuing Healthcare (NHS CHC) and NHS-funded Nursing Care was implemented in October.
NHS Continuing Healthcare (NHS CHC) is a package of care for adults aged 18 or over that is arranged and funded solely by the NHS. To receive NHS CHC funding, applicants are assessed by clinical commissioning groups to determine if they have a ‘primary health need’.
Source: NHS England 2018
I work in NHS CHC, and am interested in dementia and the...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests