Keeping nutrition on the radar
Keeping prevention of malnutrition and dehydration at the top of our agenda when caring for older people.
Age UK and the Malnutrition Taskforce have published a new report, The State of the Nation: an overview of older people and malnutrition in the UK today . This report helps to untangle the multiple challenges that contribute to the malnourishment of older people and goes some way to highlight the scale of the problem.
The cost of malnutrition to healthcare services is significant. It is two to three times more expensive to treat someone who is malnourished than someone who is not. Only a small majority (51%) of health and social care professionals believe that tackling malnutrition is a high or medium priority. The increase in...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests