How can we ease the burden of shopping for older people?
A new board game helps nurses engage with the challenges of shopping for older people
How often do we stop and think about the range of everyday tasks that must be done to get a meal onto our plate?
From planning what to buy, getting to the shops, navigating around a store, making sure we have the means to pay, packing food into bags, getting heavy bags home, packing food into cupboards and fridges, cooking and preparing food – it is a long list. But they are not part of everyone’s daily routine.
Some people struggle to access food because they do not have enough money and food banks support an increasing number of people who would otherwise go hungry. Older people often find it difficult to access safe and nutritious food too.
As researchers at the University of Hertfordshire,...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests