How a specialist frailty team improved older people's care
An ageing and health lead nurse describes a frailty assessment unit that has helped hundreds of older people living with frailty to return home after review
At Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust we have recently expanded Darent Valley Hospital’s service for people living with frailty as part of a trust-wide project to improve the quality of care delivered to older people.
In the emergency department (ED), which sees about 300 patients a day , our frailty team is now reviewing all older people
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests