Care homes should get creative
Care home residents are acting out The Great Gatsby. Well, they’re acting out the making of the movie: there are actors, a director, camera operator and some of the staff are extras.
The arts can make a huge difference to care home residents. Picture: Ladder to the Moon
They have been working on this project for a week and they’re having a ball. There have been laughter and smiles, and families have been impressed by the joy, energy and difference in their loved ones' interactions with staff.
This is what life can be like in a care home with the help of the arts provider Ladder to the Moon. It can change the atmosphere, enable staff to see residents’ capacity and personality, and build bridges between residents, staff and families. It can also support staff engagement, confidence and leadership, which are vital to achieving excellence in...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests