Being a Care Maker means sharing the spirit of the 6Cs
A celebration event was held for Care Makers – those volunteers who act as ambassadors for the 6Cs – in February 2016.
The Care Maker movement started in 2012 and has many parallels with the Games Makers from the London Olympics. The idea was to develop a similar level of energy for the 6Cs as the Games Makers brought to the Olympics.
That original group of 50 Care Makers, made up of nursing students and newly qualified staff, has grown to 895 and now includes doctors, therapists, consultants, chaplains, patient representatives, service users, finance directors, chief executives and non-executive directors. This shows that the values of the 6Cs have universal appeal across health and social care.
An independent evaluation of the programme by Edge Hill University found that 93% of respondents are proud to be Care Makers, and 84% feel it has enabled them to be enthusiastic...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests