A Canadian challenge in honour of nurse Edith Cavell
Jasper National Park in the Canadian Rockies is home to Mount Edith Cavell and a playground for trainee soldiers and the Special Army Service (SAS). It is not a place for the faint-hearted, so as a trustee of the Cavell Nurses' Trust I felt privileged to be part of a group participating in the Mount Cavell Challenge, a fundraising challenge arranged by the charity, which turned out to be quite an endurance test.
The aim was to raise funds for nurses, midwives, healthcare assistants and students in financial hardship. A team of more than 70 people signed up for the challenge, representing Universities of Wales, East Anglia and West England, NHS Professionals, the Royal College of Nursing, Premier Pensions and those associated with the charity or related directly to Edith Cavell. All paid their own expenses and raised funds for the #HelpForNurses initiative. One of the unintentional consequences of...
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests