Personalised care for people with dementia
Five principles on improving care for people with dementia and their families are set out in a new RCN document
The term dementia is used to describe more than 100 different conditions that affect the brain and result in an impairment of function. People affected may experience memory loss, problems with communication, impaired reasoning and difficulties with skills for daily living. Dementia is a progressive and terminal condition. In the UK, 850,000 people are estimated to be living with dementia .
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests