Safeguarding older people in care homes: recommendations on policy, training and culture
The latest National Institute for Health and Care Excellence guidance on spotting signs of neglect and abuse, and what action care home staff should take next
According to the Care Quality Commission (CQC), there are more than 10,800 residential care homes and 4,200 nursing homes in the UK.
They provide support to around 410,000 older people and younger adults with disabilities, mental health issues or complex support needs.
They may also provide respite care, including for day visitors.
As many residents rely on others for support and care, they face increased risks of abuse and neglect.
Want to read more?
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first three months:
- Customisable clinical dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals including Nursing Older People
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- NMC-compliant RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests